Iceland October 17-24, 2020
I’m partnering with the newly built Knarrarberg wellness center in Akureyri, Iceland’s second largest city and known as the capital of the north. Local folklore says this is where the Vikings originally landed in Iceland! The wellness center overlooks the fjord and mountains and also has a dry sauna and outdoor geothermic jacuzzi available for use. This will be a great time of year to visit with temperatures in the 30s-40s, enough daylight for adventures, and a good chance of seeing the northern lights.
Along with daily yoga classes and at least one longer sound meditation session, we are setting up some fun excursions including:
- horseback riding on gentle and friendly Icelandic ponies
- Hrisey Island ferry ride and hike— “The Pearl of Eyjafjörður” offers spectacular views and interesting legend
- Myvatn full day excursion including Godafoss waterfall, lava landscapes, and **natural hot springs** -- see image below
- local hiking in Akureyri and waterfall sights
- northern lights tour (everyone’s bucket list)
- 7 nights accommodation in modern apartments or hotel as needed. Apartments include full kitchen, jacuzzi, internet access, laundry machines, and are a convenient 10 minute walk to town center.
- all breakfasts and lunches, 5 dinners (2 nights for personal exploration in Akureyri)
We have four apartments available for our use: three 3room/1bath and one 2room/2bath. Rooms fit 1-2 people each and single and double beds are available. Each apartment houses 4-6 people. If these fill up we can also arrange hotels but I personally know all of you and think it will be great to share space this way. :) For more details on specific rooms or photos you can let me know.
Early bird pricing:
$2480 for shared double room in apartment
$2850 for private room in apartment
$2680 for shared double room with private bathroom in apartment
If you’re on board!! I am asking for a deposit of $600. When you send your deposit you can claim your room. Please send your deposit by April 15, 2020 to secure early bird pricing. I realize this may be planning far in advance; if your plans change I will be able to refund your deposit through the end of 2019; afterwards the deposit will be nonrefundable. Payment plans are available and I can always be flexible so please ask! Full balance will be due August 15, 2020.
I think that's it! If you have *any* questions please reach out. Iceland holds a special place in my heart and spirit and I am so excited to share with you.